A stylish business card is an important attribute of an entrepreneur, working for image and personal brand. Impeccable in everything, a business man just has to have decent business cards in his pocket, personal or his company.
Business cards are small cards with information about a company or person that are usually used as the first contact between a business and potential customers. Despite the fact that many companies today have gone completely digital, business cards are still popular in many industries and can be very useful in the process of business expansion and networking.
Current trends in creating business cards include the use of modern design techniques and materials. Today, business cards are made from different materials such as metal, plastic, wood, paper with foil and many more. There are also various finishing options such as embossing, varnishing, cutting, foiling, applying spectacular coatings, etc.
However, when designing business cards, you need to consider not only modern technologies and materials, but also design rules that make business cards more effective and memorable.
Rules of business card design
- The first rule of business card design is simplicity. A business card should contain a minimum amount of information – name, title, contact information, company logo and a small description of the activity. Business card should not be overloaded with text, otherwise it can turn into an ordinary brochure.
- The second rule is originality. Business card should reflect the individuality of the company or person, so the design should be original and attractive. The color scheme, fonts and company logo should be clearly and vividly expressed on the business card.
- The third rule is quality. Business card should be made of quality material and using modern technology. A well-made business card makes a good impression and increases the credibility of the company or person.
- The fourth rule – relevance. Business cards should correspond to the current design and trends to attract attention and be memorable. For example, business cards with minimalist design and unusual shape are very popular today.
Some common mistakes
However, when designing business cards, there are also common mistakes that can negatively affect the effectiveness of business cards.
- The first mistake is unprofessional design. A business card should look professional and match the image of the company or person. Using inappropriate fonts, colors, or images can make a business card look unserious.
- The second mistake is poor choice of material. Using cheap materials can cause a business card to wear out quickly, lose its original look, or break down altogether. As a result, it can lead to a deterioration of the impression of the company or person.
- The third mistake is overloaded text. As mentioned earlier, a business card should contain a minimum amount of information. Too much text can lead to the fact that a person does not want to read the business card, and it will lose its effectiveness.
- The fourth mistake is the lack of contact information. A business card should contain contact information so that people can get in touch with the company or person. If the contact information is missing, the business card loses its value and effectiveness.
Thus, business cards are still an important element of a business and can help establish contacts and business relationships. It is important to follow modern trends in business card design, avoid common mistakes and create business cards that will reflect the personality of the company or person and be vividly remembered.