Many large companies strive for a uniform corporate identity when designing their products and places of sale. All visual manifestations of the brand should be standardized. Brandbooks are developed for this purpose.
Brandbook is a document that describes the corporate style of a company. It is the primary tool for developing graphic elements such as logos, color schemes, fonts, graphics, etc. Brandbook is created with the purpose of creating a recognizable and attractive image of the company, which will allow it to stand out in the market and increase recognition among potential customers.
Modern trends in the creation of brandbooks are focused not only on creating a unique and memorable corporate identity, which allows the company to be recognizable among many competitors. The main purpose of a brandbook is to provide comprehensive guidelines on how to use a company’s corporate identity. Modern brandbooks are becoming more flexible and dynamic to meet the changing needs of the company and the market.
Good brandbooks also emphasize on defining the company’s values and mission. This helps to create a unique company image and connect with the target audience.
Incorporating digital elements into a brandbook is also becoming increasingly popular. This includes elements of web design, mobile apps, social media, etc. This approach helps to create a more complete and modern image of the company and increase its recognizability among potential customers.
A modern brandbook should include the following elements:
- Company logo: it should be designed with the company’s core values and mission in mind.
- Color scheme: it should be harmonious and consistent with the company’s values.
- Typography: identification of the main fonts and their use in various documents.
- Graphic elements: unique graphic elements that can be used in different documents and media.
- Tone and Style: an indication of the basic style characteristics that are necessary to maintain a unified company image.
- Brand Usage: instructions for using the brand in various settings such as promotional materials, website, social media, etc. It is important to specify the proper placement of the logo and other brand elements in various formats.
- Photos and illustrations: instructions on how to select images that are consistent with the company’s style and values.
- Usage examples: examples of how to use the brandbook in practice.
- Dimensions and proportions: guidance on the correct dimensions and proportions to be used for the logo and other brand elements.
- Writing style: defining writing style for various documents including presentations, letters, reports, etc.
The use of animation and video is also becoming increasingly popular in modern brandbooks. This allows companies to create a more dynamic and memorable image that can attract more attention from potential customers.
Creating a modern brandbook can be a complex and time-consuming process, but it is an investment that can help a company establish its image in the marketplace and increase recognition among potential customers. It is important to not only develop a brandbook, but to follow its guidelines in every piece of content and medium to create a unified and recognizable company image.